The Twinkie Times

The life and times of a Chinese American. Born a Jersey boy, lived the expat life, attended boarding school (Lawrenceville), converted to a frat boy (Sigma Pi), got an MBA (Columbia), returned to China, and back to the East Coast now trying to carve out an identity and life as an Asian American dad (gulp) in the midst of a "tertial life crisis" ©

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thundersnow

It has been a snowy winter so far and we are not finished with January.  I have been around for 32 years and never have I seen lightning or heard thunder while it is snowing but so far this year I have witnessed this phenomenom twice already.  Last night I had to fight the bayamo winds to make it home from the ferry terminal.  The sleet and squall was so strong that it literally stopped me in my tracks.  Luckily most of the damage was done overnight and I did not have to break out the snowboarding goggles for my morning commute.  That is a picture of our apartment building the next day.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home